Friday, April 2, 2010

3 comments:

  1. This to me is so horrific, trying to control women in their sex life. Not only that but it puts their life at risk. So sad that there's still traditions out there that are so close minded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I'm in complete shock that this happens. It's so sad that girls so young are subject to this "tradition". Thank you for sharing and bringing more awareness to this sad situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew this existed, but I had never seen such a show of women supporting FGM against other women (a misnomer since it's technically girls and apparently in some cases toddlers!). It's truly frightening the power tradition has over people who should know better. I'm glad there are brave people going out of their way to try to end this heinous and dangerous practice. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete